Welcome to my blog...

Hi friends,
Thanks for visiting my blog. This blog contains scripts from my thoughts.
Read it and enjoy. There is share option and like button.
For giving me comments please login using your google or open id.
Thank you.

RAM

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

A little time with the poor children...

Today noon I had spend around an hour with the poor children of  "SMSS HINDU MAHILA MANDIRAM (For the welfare of destitute and Orphan Girls)".  They were given a good sadhya (meals) with ada payasam. There were 6 staffs looking after these 110 children which includes 18 kids. And one head mistress who leads them. I was amazed to see many biggie cash teams like many banks and other companies as the donors of this orphanage.

    I was taken to the dining hall of those children. I wished to serve them the food. But i was taken to the room only after serving the food. But for my happiness, as i wished, God gave me a chance to serve the bananas   which was included with sadhya for ada payasam. After a minute all the children came to the room and took their places. They had a 10 seconds prayer before having their food. I was amazed to see the children praying before taking food. Most of us dont pray to God before taking food. Including me. I sat down with the children and i also had the lunch with them. It was really hot inside the dining room. I was fully sweating when i was eating. That was the only difficulty. The food was very homely. I am very happy to know that they serve good homely food. I was thinking about the difficulty of those children who takes food 3 times a day in that heat filled room. The hall has 2 fans at centre which will never breeze at the corners.

   It was a wonderful time spending with them. Their smiles after taking a good sadhya filled my heart. I enquired many things to one of the staff. I was surprised to know that those children were not given any non vegetarian items till then. When i enquired more about it, they said they were not given any non veg items. If someone from outside donate non veg items they move the non veg items completely and serve with veggies.
Most of the children now in the city wont swallow the food without non veg dishes. But the children here will do.

After all the children had taken their food they left the room. Some students were having SSLC exams. Kids were playing around there. The staffs were ready to have their lunch after children's lunch.
 I thanked every staffs for serving the food. And i also complimented about the lunch to the head mistress.

I don't know how many people will read this post in my blog. Whoever reads, have a heart to help these poor children with your small donations. You can also visit here between 8.30am - 5.30pm.

"Who said these children are orphans when there are many donors in the world. All they have to do is just Donate"

Here is the address of the orphanage
S.M.S.S. Hindu Mahila Mandiram
(For the welfare of destitute and Orphan girls)
Poojappura,
Trivandrum - 695012
Ph : 0471- 2351243


Thank God

RAM

7 comments:

  1. Very Nice!
    Well written too.
    So, the sadya was donated by you, is it?
    Then it is amazing of you and a moral to all, including me:
    "Do yourself first, and then preach"

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice to hear from u.and i am proud to say that i was stayed in the mandiram for 6yrs..and i enjoyed a lot while staying there..so i req u pple to visit the orphans like me..i am sure it ll be gud experience....

    ReplyDelete
  3. good me too same feeling aswathy im also a old member of madhiram . thanku ram for ur kindness with our sistrs... may the god bless u.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comments here..