Welcome to my blog...

Hi friends,
Thanks for visiting my blog. This blog contains scripts from my thoughts.
Read it and enjoy. There is share option and like button.
For giving me comments please login using your google or open id.
Thank you.

RAM

Sunday, December 19, 2010

My last drawing competition....

Drawing is the art which i like very much, but my hands never flow when i sit for drawing. I have attended drawing competitions only 3 times. During onam holidays comes the onam celebration at my mom's office. Celebrations consisted of various competitions. The only competition i performed well was music competition and won prizes too, but the worst was for drawing.

 There were 3 categories (Lower primary, Upper Primary, High school)

When i first attended the competition i was in the lower primary group. That was the last time i could attend in the lower primary group. I drew a hut with flower pot outside. Behind scenery was hills with sun rise and 3 V shaped birds flying, as usual. The usual drawing of a lower primary student. But when i submitted the paper, i was amazed to see other paintings. Great paintings...

Didn't get prize last time. Next time upper primary category. My sister was in high school category. My aim was to get prize next time. My sister, my twin brother and me went to my dad's friend's home to learn drawing. He taught us a painting of a red speed boat with wind direction expressed in trees at background. And waves formed by the speed boat, etc. It was a great painting. We became expert in it. But we could not learn any other painting because we didn't attend any other class.

During second time we three drew the same picture, red speed boat with background trees, waves etc....
When paper was submitted, the staff who collected noticed our pictures and told our mom that same picture was drawn by her 3 children. But one of the picture had a difference, that wind direction was opposite. That was my twin brother's picture.

The third time was when i was in high school.. And it was the last time i could attend the competition there. Age limit was 15. This time me and my twin brother attended the competition. The topic given for our category was "Love (Sneham)".
Hmm.. Love was just a red heart during that age. (its not lie... Ok)
So the competition started. Since i was not in touch with drawing i was thinking of easy pictures that i could draw. Then i fixed the picture in my heart and started drawing. A boy with umbrella during rain. Back ground was same as lower primary, hut with hills at back. But, no sun this time. I need a dog also to complete my picture. I tried a lot of times to draw it. Could not do... Finally started from drawing the tail of the dog. When completed, it looked like a sheep.  But it was not under the umbrella. I didn't take any risk erasing it. I erased the boy and drew it again to make the sheep under the umbrella. Hoh...  God... Finally done it. On the way to submission i watched the lower primary students coloring the sunset again and again making it more beautiful.. They were playing with colors and i was playing with drawing sheep. All were staring at my picture drawn by a 15 yr old boy. I couldn't look at others... I escaped from that area after submitting. My brother drew the same red speed boat with a girl and boy in it. Background was trees showing the wind direction. Waves also expressed.

Results were announced the very next day. 1st 2nd and 3rd prize paintings were superb. But i was also amazed  to see my picture too on the board. The duty person of the board told that, there are two 3rd prizes this time, one was mine... The fact was that my picture was expressing the real meaning of love. This was judge's comment on the picture.

I was flying... Took a decision, never to attend more painting competitions.
I thought never ever try drawing in my life.
But now i am playing with scales and pencils to teach my students "Engineering Graphics".
Amazing right??? Still i don't want to play with paintings. Thank god that there is no pictures of hut, boy and dog in the subject.


Great God...

RAM

9 comments:

  1. Itzz very nice... superb..
    waiting fr ur anothr postzz!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you won the prize still u r not confident 2 play with colors ,i cant agree with ur decision !

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha... athu aa padam nee kandirunnel ee opinion nee maatti paranjene...
    Ragam nannayirikkumbol paatu nirthanamennannu...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ram, Thank you very much for your constant support.

    Sony

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comments here..